When the weather heats up, we start yearning for destination resorts. These all-encompassing getaways have everything you need right on the property, including top-notch spas, restaurants and endless activities.
Our Instagram followers on @ForbesTravelGuide must be feeling the same pull. A number of last month’s most popular hotel posts fell into this category, like The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs and Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Laurel Highlands, Pennsylvania.
But the destination resort that drew the most attention was Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Banyan Tree Mayakoba, a tropical oasis tucked in the Riviera Maya jungle. Maybe it’s the spacious pool villas, the Four-Star Thai-influenced spa, the scenic canals cutting through the grounds or the white-sand beach that pushed Banyan Tree to the No. 1 spot.
Scroll down to see the rest of the winners.
1. Banyan Tree Mayakoba
2. Five-Star Las Ventanas al Paraíso, A Rosewood Resort, Los Cabos
4. Four-Star Ladera Resort Saint Lucia
5. Five-Star The Broadmoor, Colorado Springs
6. Four-Star Belmond Miraflores Park, Lima, Peru
7. Four-Star Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, Puerto Rico
8. Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
9. Condado Vanderbilt Hotel