During one of the most hectic traveling times of the year, we sought some holiday advice from Nastasia Wong, social influencer and founder of women’s travel blog @dametraveler. Wong, who has traveled to more than 20 countries, shared her 10 tips and tricks to navigating travel this season:
1. Stranded at the airport with nowhere to go? Crank up some holiday music to keep your thoughts light and your mind at ease.
2. Holiday travel can be expensive and many booking engines have trackers. To avoid a hike in price, clear your cache and history or use Google Incognito to stay stealthy.
3. For better drinks, bring an in-flight cocktail kit! There are tons of fun ones to purchase online.
4. Book a red eye or an extremely early flight to avoid crowds and long lines. Trust me. It’s worth it.
5. Have a portable phone charger on hand such as a Mophie so you’re not sitting on airport floors or wrestling over an outlet.
6. Try as best as you can to avoid checking your bag. Carry-ons are the way to go. Especially if you have tons of gifts…ship them instead.
7. If you must check your bag, consider purchasing a Trakdot device and pack it in your suitcase. The GPS technology detects the location of your luggage if lost/stolen.
8. Pack snacks in your carry-on bag to avoid getting hangry. Some of my favorites are Trader Joe’s trail mix, a fresh apple with Justin’s peanut butter and dried fruit.
9. Don’t forget your vitamin B and C. They are essential to reducing stress.
10. And lastly, tons of patience and optimism go a long way. Merry travels!