Disney World can be overwhelming for even the biggest Mickey fans (and their parents), with four theme parks on 42,000 acres. But on August 3, serenity awaits with the opening of the brand-new Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort right on property.
For the first time, luxury travelers with kids in tow will have access to renowned Four Seasons perks — you’ll still rub shoulders with Goofy but now it will be in a modern Italian restaurant with private rooms available. Here are five essential facts that will have your fingers flying to take advantage of the opening buy-two-nights-get-one-free offer.
1. It’s secluded but close to everything. Don’t expect constant crowds at this 23-acre resort. Four Seasons Orlando is located within Disney’s gated residential community, Golden Oak, where home prices start at $1.8 million and go up — way, way up — from there. Once outside of Golden Oak’s gates, all of Disney World is at your feet. Luxury motor coaches will transport you to the Magic Kingdom every 30 minutes and every 60 minutes to the other parks; private transportation is easily arranged for a fee.
2. Disney-fy any occasion. The resort has partnered with the Disney Event Group, which specializes in decking your halls to resemble scenes from Disney movies, arranging character appearances and bringing in entertainment acts. Want a wedding to rival Snow White’s? A proposal resembling Cinderella’s? A birthday party with the Hot Crustacean Band from The Little Mermaid? Four Seasons has you covered, in style and onsite.
3. Get a room with a view. From the Park View Rooms, watch the nightly Disney World fireworks from private balconies. For those who prefer dinner with their show, Spanish-influenced Capa restaurant on the 17th floor has a rooftop terrace with a panoramic view of the pyrotechnics.
4. Soak up Explorer Island Water Park. This five-acre playground boasts several water features: a lazy river with rapids, slides and a splash park with water cannons. On land, Explorer Island offers a rock-climbing wall, table tennis, bocce and volleyball. Time to get out of the sun? Duck into the Hideout at Explorer Island for video games and gelato.
5. Indulge in adults-only time. From an 18-room spa to an 18-hole golf course to an adults-only pool with cocktail service, there are plenty of reasons for parents to take advantage of the complimentary Kids for All Seasons program from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day for ages 5 to 12. The kids’ camp, the only one of its kind in central Florida, will let you experience some grown-up fun at Disney.
Photo Courtesy of Four Seasons