We found it difficult to leave Altira Macau, a Five-Star hotel on Taipa Island. If you have a chance to visit this sleek and contemporary hotel, we think you’ll agree — it’s unlike any other in the world. Here are the five things we love best about Altira Macua:
1. The view. Since the luxury hotel is in the tallest building in Taipa, it offers panoramic views of the Macau peninsula. The sight, which is available from every room due to the floor-to-ceiling windows, is a stunning picturesque scene. It looks out over the South China Sea and offers nice people-watching on the Macau peninsula. We found it to be the perfect merge of tranquility and city life.
2. The location. We love Altira’s secluded location; it makes you feel like you’re world’s away from reality. This is the hotel to stay in if you are looking for a peaceful retreat (but of course, the option to gamble or shop is always there).
3. The spa. The Five-Star Altira Spa pampers you from the moment you step into its calm waiting area. All massages, wraps and facials are personalized, and you will leave feeling healed inside and out.
4. Outstanding service. The hotel’s primo staff is warm, friendly and attentive. Our every need was anticipated and taken care of the entire time we were there.
5. The pool and fitness center. The indoor infinity-edged pool is one of the best in the world (seriously). You’d be remiss not to lounge next to it on one of the extremely cushy chairs as you take in the breathtaking view of the peninsula.