Falling Rock at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in southwestern Pennsylvania is truly unique. Aside from the one-of-a-kind amenities and top-notch service, here are five things we love about the Five-Star resort:
1. You’ll never be bored. Falling Rock is a sprawling resort that’s jam-packed with things to do. It’s a family vacation wonderland, but adults will also be interested in the eclectic collection of activities and sights. For example, you’ll find a piece of the Berlin Wall on display.
2. The bath menu. Choose bath salts from fragrances like rosemary and mint, let your butler know what time you’d like your bath drawn, and return to your room to find a honeymoon-worthy display. The 210-gallon tub is filled with bubbles, and surrounded by candles and rose petals. There’s also a kids bath option with bubbles and, of course, rubber duckies.
3. Milk and cookies. Need we say more? Nightly turndown comes with milk and cookies that are delivered to your room. The cookies are chocolate chip — soft in the middle and crispy on the outside — and the milk is placed in your mini-bar until you’re ready to dunk.
4. The pool. Falling Rock’s triangular infinity pool has great views. Relax in a lounge chair or paddle in the deep end to look out over the Mystic Rock golf course and the surrounding woodlands.
5. The butler service. Each guest meets their butler at check in and can call on him or her for anything they need — unpacking your suitcase, pressing your clothes, bringing you coffee in bed… Or, if you prefer, they’ll leave you completely alone.
Photo courtesy of Falling Rock at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort