Tucked away at the base of a mountain, the Five-Star Little Nell provides a perfect location to hit the slopes or roam the streets in search of Aspen’s latest fashions. Here are five things we love most about the mountainside retreat:
1. The Little Nell is located in one of the country’s ritziest resort towns, but its down-to-Earth attitude belies its zip code. Like the neighborhood bar where everyone knows your name, the hotel’s unpretentious atmosphere is what we love most about this property. Whether you’re a CEO or a college student, The Little Nell’s staff is thankful for your stay and will show you the respect to prove it.
2. Unlike larger, city-set Five-Star properties, The Little Nell feels like a boutique hotel. The intimate vibe is apparent in the hotel’s lobby and cozy Living Room, where guests hang out, have a drink and chat about their day. If you’re lucky, maybe you’ll pick up some ski tips.
3. Fans of The Little Nell know its rooms are spacious, with cathedral ceilings and lots of natural light. But because of the hotel’s unique shape, each room has its own layout and design. The custom touches — from original artwork to live plants to cozy, decorative pillows — lend a homey feel.
4. The Little Nell’s staff is super attentive, anticipating your needs even before you do. The team makes sure every detail is covered, from whipping your room into immaculate shape to replacing your toilet paper (which is always folded into a perfect triangle).
5. It’s home to the Four-Star Montagna. The restaurant turns out seasonal cuisine with local ingredients, like the tender Colorado lamb tenderloin that comes from a farm 20 miles away. Be sure to order some wine, too. If the 20,000-bottle collection overwhelms you, ask one of the three master sommeliers on staff to suggest some pairings.
Photo courtesy of The Little Nell/John Dewey