The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas has an extensive list of treatments that blend contemporary and ancient Asian techniques — and all the spa therapies will leave your body rejuvenated and your mind refreshed. Many can be catered to your individual needs, but if you can’t choose, we’ve rounded up a list of our five favorites:
1. Oriental Essence. The spa offers six body massages, but we recommend the signature Oriental Essence. The one-hour massage was designed to alleviate neck and shoulder tension — perfect for the busy parent or workaholic — and concentrates on easing stress and relaxing the body.
2. Personalized Ocean and Earth body wrap. This one-hour treatment starts off with a body exfoliation and allows you to choose a blend of aromatherapy oils to be applied to your body before the wrap. Your therapist will help you choose between the marine mud, algae or oshadi clay wrap to envelop your body, comfortably raising your temperature and drawing toxins out. To top it all off, you’ll get a relaxing Oriental head massage.
3. Jade Enzyme facial. No spa trip is complete without a rejuvenating facial. The therapist uses cool jade facial rollers to smooth you out and a fruit-enzyme mask that leaves your skin feeling tingly.
4. Moroccan Rhassoul experience. Ladies will want to try the one-of-a-kind treatment that was modeled after an ancient healing ritual. First you apply natural mud all over, and then you sit in a room that’s heated to 100F to let it dry and draw out toxins. An aromatic steam is then released to soften the mud, allowing your body to soak up its minerals. Its messy, for sure, but after a light shower rinses off the mud, you’ll feel totally rejuvenated.
5. Time Rituals. It’s not a specific treatment, but we like to compare The Spa at Mandarin Oriental’s Time Rituals to a tasting at a Five-Star restaurant: Sometimes you just need to put yourself in the hands of those who know. Rather than sifting through treatments yourself, book a block of time and leave the rest to an expert staff member. Each session begins with a soothing foot ritual and moves on to a variety of other treatments, each selected to address your specific needs. We always discover something new.
Photo courtesy of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas