There’s a lot to love about The St. Regis Monarch Beach, like its beautiful Orange County location, elegant Mediterranean-inspired décor and world-class amenities. Here are the five fabulous things we adore most about this Five-Star stunner:
1. The landscape. The St. Regis Monarch Beach is sprawled on 172 acres of gorgeous grounds, from the tucked-away botanical garden to the grandiose pool surrounded by lush palm trees. Explore the grand lawn with its trellised colonnades or look out at the Pacific Ocean from the sea terrace.
2. The seclusion factor. The resort is large, but it’s got a secluded hideaway vibe — you can’t even see the hotel from the street. There’s also plenty of private nooks, from your guest room’s personal terrace to the exclusive beachfront dining club, accessible only by the resort tram.
3. Butler service. Stay in a suite and you’ll receive superb complimentary butler service. The butler is on call and can do everything from unpack your bags to bring hot chocolate to your kids.
4. Stonehill Tavern. Don’t miss dinner at Michael Mina’s Stonehill Tavern. The Four-Star restaurant serves upscale tavern fare with a modern take on old classics, like a lobster pot pie with brandied cream sauce. On top of the stellar food, service is impeccable — the staff is trained to be attuned to each and every need. When a spot of sauce fell on our lap, our server was waiting with club soda and a cloth napkin.
5. Turndown service. Turndown can be a rather uneventful these days, but not at The St. Regis Monarch Beach. Each night brings a new and unexpected treat, such as an orchid, a new CD or even a special dessert from the pastry chef.
Photo courtesy of The St. Regis Monarch Beach