As summer quickly winds down, we’re clinging to our memories of sun-filled days, picnics at the park and Aperol-spritz-fueled nights on a rooftop. When those recollections finally fade in the thick of the frigid winter, we’ll watch the below video.
The moment that “Calma (Remix)” by Pedro Capó and Farruko plays, the video from Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Condado Vanderbilt Hotel and photographer Luis Sousa (who goes by the handle @sousa_pr) transports us to tropical Puerto Rico. The turquoise waters, boats parked among the waves and umbrella-dotted sand almost make us feel like we’re at the beach, lento y contento, cara al viento (“slow and happy, facing the wind”).
Scroll below to see the video — our most popular hotel post last month at @ForbesTravelGuide — and other memorable getaways to hold onto summer just a bit longer.
1. Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, Puerto Rico
3. Five-Star Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona
4. Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, Puerto Rico
5. Five-Star Shangri-La Hotel Paris
6. Four-Star Wynn Las Vegas
7. Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, Puerto Rico
9. Five-Star Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake
10. Four-Star Archer Hotel New York