The loveable aspects of The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island revolve around its dedication to customer service and close attention to details — all of which make the Five-Star hotel welcoming and homey. Here are the five things we love most about the South Carolina sanctuary:
1. It looks like a huge, exquisite mansion. The warm greetings the staff provide the moment you walk inside puts you at ease and leaves you eager to explore the hotel. The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island manages to balance sophisticated and upscale with relaxed and welcoming, quickly becoming your dream home in so many ways (that is, if you’re okay with 255 guestrooms).
2. The attention to detail. Staff members know you by name and public spaces have strategically placed sitting areas that make you feel like a guest in someone’s home rather than a hotel customer. For repeat visitors, the staff will pick up on details and leave gifts related to your preferences based on your conversations and habits.
3. The style. The quality and variety of the furnishings make the luxury hotel visually appealing and entertaining, while avoiding being stiff, pretentious or too structured.
4. Outdoor space. Every single room has a balcony or terrace for you to enjoy the views of the surrounding coastal environment. A majority of these rooms even boast an ocean view.
5. The unique shape. The hotel’s U-shaped design means many rooms overlook the large, English-inspired lawn and garden that serve as a perfect place to lounge in the Adirondack chairs, fly a kite, have a picnic or enjoy one of the many events the hotels has out on the lawn. This feature further emphasizes The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island’s sense of being a house guest, more than just another hotel guest.
Photo courtesy of The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island