One of Chicago’s rites of passage for spring is St. Patrick’s Day. The city swells with green-adorned revelers who come from all over Illinois to see the Chicago River turn a bright kelly green. The tradition dates back more than 50 years, and the shade only remains for a fleeting five hours.
For this year’s spectacle, Forbes Travel Guide Recommended Conrad Chicago shared a dyed river scene from @chicagobucketlist, and added to the festivities with a St. Patrick’s-themed brunch complete with corned beef sandwiches, green tomatillo bloody marys and Jameson whisky flights at Baptiste & Bottle restaurant.
Get green with travel envy by scrolling below to see last month’s top hotel post, along with a reimagined Sonoma property and some new Five-Star hotels in Bali and Hawaii. Follow @ForbesTravelGuide for more spring getaways.
1. Conrad Chicago
2. Five-Star Bulgari Resort Bali
3. Five-Star Skylofts at MGM Grand, Las Vegas
4. MacArthur Place Hotel & Spa, Sonoma
5. Bulgari Resort Bali
6. Five-Star Four Seasons Resort Lanai
7. Kimpton Seafire Resort & Spa, Grand Cayman
8. Four-Star Four Seasons Hotel London at Ten Trinity Square
9. Five-Star Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong
10. Five-Star Four Seasons Hotel Ritz Lisbon