One of our favorite winter getaways is The Spa at Stein Eriksen Lodge in Park City, Utah. This newly minted Five-Star spa offers treatments that can be tailored to your specific needs, with many aimed at helping you adjust to the resort’s high altitude and dry climate. Plus, skiers will find a plethora of treatments to soothe sore muscles after a long day on the slopes. The luxe spa also capitalizes on its alpine location by using natural ingredients from the mountain area. If you’re making the trip to the Lodge this winter, we suggest booking an appointment to indulge in one of our five favorite treatments:
1. Great Salt Stone Therapy. Named for the nearby lake, the 80-minute Great Salt Stone Therapy is performed with warmed hand-carved and polished stones made of pure, fine salt. The stones are said to release negative ions, purifying the air and healing your body simultaneously.
2. Stein Signature massage. For a unique experience designed just for you, opt for the Stein Signature massage. Ranging from 25 to 110 minutes, this treatment is customized by you and your therapist. It incorporates the techniques that work best for your aches and pains, resulting in maximum relaxation.
3. Soothing Stones therapy. You can’t go wrong with a good hot stone massage. During the 80-minute Soothing Stones therapy, the therapist uses smooth, heated river rocks and classic Swedish massage techniques to melt away your tensions.
4. High Altitude Relief Package. Being 8,500 feet above sea level can wreak havoc on your skin and make you feel out of sorts, which is why we’re grateful for the three-hour High Altitude Relief Package. You’ll be treated to a massage with aromatherapy, a facial and a body polish to lock in moisture. At the end, the spa will provide you with an herbal elixir to help oxygenate your body. We can’t think of a better way to acclimate to the climate.
5. Vichy treatment. The Nordic Princess Vichy treatment for women and the Norseman Vichy for men use microdermabrasion scrubs to exfoliate your body before a soothing rain shower rinses you off and prepares you for a hydrating lotion. It will leave your skin as smooth as the driven snow.
Photo courtesy of Stein Eriksen Lodge