Staying at a resort that provides the best experiences is key. So after you’ve packed your bags and boarded an airplane to Cancun, Mexico, the rest of your trip should be hassle-free. And thanks to Paradisus Cancun Resort, it most certainly is.
1. At your service. Sign up with the Royal Service plan and you’ll land yourself a personal butler who will be at your beck and call. At check-in, you’ll meet the butler and he will give you a cell phone with his name and number already programmed into it. Whatever you need, the butler will take care of it. Let your valet unpack your suitcase, provide assistance with spa or dinner reservations, iron your clothes before you hit the Red Lounge for a little late-night dancing, and more.
2. Kids play all day. Spend a little one-on-one time with your spouse while the children play in the kid’s area located inside the family concierge lounge. Little ones will have access to sweets such as sour gummies and pink marshmallows, a game room that comes complete with a pool table and Xbox 360 (perfect for jam-out sessions with Guitar Hero), and a 32-inch flat-screen to watch children’s videos. There’s non-stop action here. Tykes can play with stuffed animals like Hello Kitty and SpongeBob in addition to attending piñata-making classes. And who’s going to watch them while you’re off at the beach? The staff’s 23 certified nannies work together to create the best experience for your kiddies.
3. Splash around. With four pools on property and access to the crystal-blue Caribbean Sea, it will come as no surprise to see guests roaming the property in beach attire on most days. The resort’s main pool has a swim-up bar for those who don’t want to get out of the water, and for those who need to stretch their legs, Cocos Bar, which is right on the beach, serves refreshing beverages such as mango mojitos and margaritas as well as classic and strawberry caipirinhas.
4. Enjoy the Eco-Spa. We’ve all had spa services in traditional treatment rooms where a therapist tells you to get undressed and position yourself on the table face down. So nine times out of 10, you’re probably closing your eyes or staring at someone’s feet. But at Paradisus Cancun’s outdoor Eco-Spa, it’s different. Enjoy a 50-minute Back Special massage (a combo of Dead Sea muds, minerals and salts applied to the derma) with your eyes open — the glass floor allows you to gaze at the koi fish swimming around in the pond beneath the wooden bungalow. The spa also includes a Zen meditation garden, mind and body classes such as Pilates and yoga, and outdoor showers.
5. Taste Tempo. The resort’s gem is the newly opened restaurant Tempo by Martín Berasategui. The celebrated Basque chef creates a six-course dinner tasting menu including everything from a fresh leaves salad with roasted peppers, white seafood cream and lobster to veal tenderloin, potato and bacon mille-feuilles with périgueux sauce. The fare is fabulous and the cuisinier’s flavorful dishes please the palate.
Photos Courtesy of Meliá Hotels International