Whether you hit the open road to reunite with family, jetted off to a tropical locale for sun and sand or stayed at home and scrolled through Instagram to find ideas for faraway jaunts, travel was different for everyone last year.
We scoured our feed at @ForbesTravelGuide and collected the most liked photos and most viewed videos of 2021 to find the places that kept our followers dreaming of their next getaway.
Marta Heine-Geldern, the travel photographer behind @voyage_provocateur, shot our most popular post. It’s a glimpse of snowy Strasbourg, France, during the holiday season. The city, which calls itself the Capital of Christmas, offers buildings festooned with festive décor, one of Europe’s oldest Christmas markets and a nearly 100-foot tree — one of the tallest natural Christmas trees in Europe — in Place Kléber.
Below, see posts showcasing everywhere from Puerto Rico to Paris that set off our followers’ wanderlust last year. And for a chance to be featured on our feed, share your travel photos and videos with us by adding the hashtag #ForbesTravelGuide to your own Instagram captions.
- Strasbourg, France
3. Mykonos, Greece
4. Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Bulgari Resort Bali
6. Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
9. Saint-Brevin-les-Pins, France
10. Grand Hotel Tremezzo, Lake Como
11. Hotel de la Ville, a Rocco Forte Hotel, Rome
14. Lake Como
16. Amalfi Coast, Italy
17. The Maldives
18. Four-Star Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, Puerto Rico
19. The Netherlands
22. Andronis Luxury Suites, Santorini
24. Corfu, Greece
25. Casa Angelina, Amalfi Coast
27. Four-Star Kulm Hotel St. Moritz
28. Lake Como
29. Rhine Falls, Switzerland
30. Cinque Terre, Italy