The pandemic upended travel last year, forcing quarantined travelers to turn to Instagram to sate their wanderlust of destinations near and far.
We combed through our feed at @ForbesTravelGuide and collected the most liked photos and most viewed videos of 2020 to find the places that kept our followers dreaming of their next trip. Most of the winning entries focused on waterfront locales ranging from Lake Como to Los Cabos.
Scroll to see our most popular Instagram posts, and let us know where you plan on traveling in 2021 by adding the hashtag #FutureTravelGuide to your own Instagram captions — you just might find your photo topping next year’s list.
2. Annecy, France
4. Bern, Switzerland
6. Taughannock Falls, Upstate New York
7. Tuscany, Italy
9. Grand Hotel Tremezzo, Lake Como
10. Tuscany, Italy
11. Four-Star Solaz, A Luxury Collection Resort, Los Cabos
12. Tuscany, Italy
14. Five-Star Montage Los Cabos
17. Five-Star The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, California
19. Four-Star Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, Puerto Rico
25. Four-Star Edgewood Tahoe
27. New York City
28. Five-Star Çırağan Palace Kempinski Istanbul